It’s been a while since I have posted about movies (hello! the original purpose of this blog!!), so I thought I would catch up on the movies that I have watched in the past little while. I love movies, so there's quite a few.
Some of my favorites in the past few months:
- I Love You, Man – This is my favorite movie of the past year!!! Many thumbs up!!!
- Happy Go Lucky – This is my exact philosophy, made into a movie.
- 17 Again – I did not have a crush on Zac Effron before this, but I now join with the throngs of females willing to throw themselves at this man/boy.
- Star Trek – Good space fun! Live long and prosper!
- Coraline – This movie is great to begin with, but it was amazing to see in 3-D. Check out a nice poster series here... And the dolls I will be purchasing on ebay.
- Monsters vs. Aliens – Seth Rogan was born for this role.
- The Fall – I saw this one a long time ago, but it is a MUST SEE. It’s beautiful and vibrant, with naturally charming acting by a pint sized lead actress.
- Slumdog Millionaire – Who wants to be a Mill-a-naire!
- Pineapple Express – Super Fumados in Spanish!
- The Wrestler - Touching
Some good movies:
- Wolverine – Deadpool is scary. Wolverine gets shiny claws, that aren’t quite rendered properly.
- Yes Man
Some movies that weren’t my favorites, but served their purpose of entertaining me:
- Angels & Demons – I read the book a while ago. Everyone loves an ancient mystery movie.
- The Spirit
- 7 pounds –This was good, but I only watched it because it was playing on the airplane. This movie is too depressing to make the ‘girly movie’, cut, but there are some moments in it.
- The Dutchess – Ditto.
Movies I am looking forward too:
- The Promotion
- Enlighten Up
- The Ugly Truth
- Disclaimer: I will try and keep myself from seeing this movie in the theatres, as it is bound to be B-A-D, but I can’t help but crack up at this trailer every time I see it (which has been surprisingly a lot at recent movies) I am referring to ‘Dance Flick’.
So, there it is, a giant list of movies to catch up on if you haven’t seen them already. And that doesn’t even include all the good things of TV these days… but that’s a whole other blog.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
On a recent trip to Barcelona, I had the chance to get a glimpse of some work by Catalina Estrada (I think this is her). I love her current work so much! She is bringing really great angular shapes and new pattern design into her work. I really want this t-shirt!!! If you are in Barcelona in the next few weeks check out her exhibition at Iguapop gallery! Or if you are there on July 4th, you MUST check out the opening for the Tim Biskup exhibition!
On a side note, you can check out photos from my trip to spain on flickr:)